Perham Church Furnace Malfunction Causes Small Blaze

Perham Church Furnace Malfunction Causes Small Blaze Click to Enlarge

Area fire departments and Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to a report of a significant amount of black smoke from the pastor at St. John’s Lutheran Church in rural Perham on Saturday at approximately 5:14pm. The pastor had shut off the church’s furnace, but still observed the smoke. Once Perham fire and other area departments responded, they were able to extinguish the small blaze in the furnace without incident. Other than damage to the furnace, the church is not believed to have sustained any further damage. There were no injuries.

Leave a comment