A cabin on Fox Lake is likely a total loss after a fire, Monday evening.

A cabin on Fox Lake is likely a total loss after a fire, Monday evening. Click to Enlarge

(KDLM) - A cabin on Fox Lake is likely a total loss after a fire, Monday evening.

The Detroit Lakes Fire Department responded to reports of a cabin fire on Fox Lake, Monday, January 11 shortly before 8pm.

"The fire was caused from a heat lamp to keep a water pump from freezing, there was straw in the area used as insulation and the heat lamp ignited the straw," Detroit Lakes Fire Chief, Ryan Swanson says.

The fire then spread from a deck to the rest of the structure.

Swanson says there were no injuries, the property owner had been using the cabin as storage facility for tools while in the process of building a new home.

Leave a comment